Tuesday, January 1, 2013

New year, seventh beginning

You know, within a week of starting college I stopped blogging. I remembered that every so often -- on the bus home from college, staring out the window at the dim lights of Celbridge -- or in a particularly boring lecture. "I could go back to it", I'd murmur to myself. "It's only been a few weeks". I'd check back every so often, reading over my CatMo post and promising to start again soon. However, college had other ideas. It's amazing how much time a ten hours a week degree takes up. Hint: more than ten hours. Weeks turned into months and pretty soon both my Project 365 and my blog lay forgotten. It's been a busy few months, I'll give myself that. But I missed it! Of course I missed it! I've been blogging sporadically for the better part of three years! DAMMIT, I WASN'T GIVING UP THAT EASILY!

So here I am again. Inspired by a friend who blogged every day for 2011, I'm going to attempt to write a small blog post every day. I won't lie. That's going to be bloody difficult. And unlike Meg, my posts probably won't involve interviewing Enda Kenny or winning an iPad. The question is, and will remain: what do I write about? How much can an English and History student have to say? Well, I'm hoping it'll improve as time goes on. It's probably going to chronicle my first full year at university in all it's messy glory. By "messy", I mean in the sense that I'll be writing surrounded by handouts, clothes and half-eaten pizza. Though I'm sure I'll chronicle a few ~messy nights~ too. I can write about living in a tiny flat in Dublin, working in Centra on the (very) northside, a small puppy, terribly cooking and movies. I can write about new friends, new experiences and (hopefully!) travel. I can write about my other New Years' Resolution: I'm not going to eat chocolate for the month of January and I'm going to brave Trinity gym. Hopefully I can write about serious things too.Trying to save money, which is something Insomnia hot beverages has made me terrible at. Feminism, something I care quite a bit about. Love. Various other topics. The world is really my oyster for the next 365 days.

This sounds like a serious mission statment, as though I'm giving up the next year to type thought provoking blogposts -- I promise you, I'm not! I'm sure plenty of posts will involve Youtube links or photographs I've taken. But I'll try my best. I can promise that.

Here's to carpal tunnel from too much typing x

No comments:

Post a Comment