Sunday, January 1, 2012

The impossibly relevant "about me" post.

So I realize that writing this a good four months into my adventures in blogging is not only extraneous but also kind of silly, but hey, extraneous and silly are my middle names.

They're not really. My name is Áine Cornelia O'Connell, and my middle name is my favourite part. I'm named after my granny, who is one of my favoruite people in the world. Now, you've just learned three things about my in one sentence! Ain't that swell?
I'm studying English and History in Trinity College, Dublin. I haven't decided if I like it yet. Some things I like include my puppy, the cinema, coffee and cocktails with rum in them.
Physically, I am short with a big tummy and nice eyes. I have hair like Caitlin Moran, or, if you're Irish, Imelda May. I probably spend less time on my hair than they do. In fact, I spend very little time on my appearance short of lots of eyeliner and wearing clothes:

Here is me at RHCP last night. I think this photo makes me look funky.

This is a tasteful photograph of me taken at Red Hot Chilli Peppers. Like most people, I really like music, and like most people my age, I've spent the past three years running from the My Chemical Romance obsessed kid I used to be. I am a sucker for a good pop song. The general rule is: I'll like it. I'm pretty open minded like that, so feel free to throw music at me. I blog about it a good deal of the time!
My other interests include books - I've read a lot of books, but mostly bad ones. I like films, too, mostly because my best friend and boyfriend are total film geeks. My favourite film is Moulin Rouge, something I think aforementioned film geeks would rather forget. I also like The Big Lebowski, Pulp Fiction, anything with Bill Murray and/or Tom Hanks and anything directed by Christopher Nolan. I'm pretty friendly and I do terribly impressions. I like going to the gym, but I don't always admit to that.

So that's not even nearly it, but it's a start. Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment